MBP027: Marketing vs Sales in a B2B World with Greg Millman
Greg Millman is the Chief Marketing Officer of Carillon Tower Advisers (CTA), a company that provides individual and institutional investors with a variety of fixed income and equity products for long-term goals. Greg’s responsible for directing all marketing and corporate communication efforts for CTA and its affiliates.
Greg has always been interested in the world of marketing which served to inspire his career choices back when he obtained a degree in finance. His career has been a combination of sales, marketing, or both for the past two decades.
Today, Greg discusses what CTA is all about, the similarities and differences between sales and marketing, the strategies they use in their company, and his outlook for the future of content marketing.
“I’ve always been interested in what makes a product sell or how a brand becomes iconic.” Greg Millman
This Week on The Marketing Boss Podcast:
- What are CTA and its affiliates all about?
- Is B2B in a world of its own or does it share some commonalities with B2C?
- Why he encourages getting involved with a local marketing organization such as the AMA.
- The rifle and shotgun approach to marketing.
- Why B2B marketers and sales people are still in a personal industry.
- How do you align organizations better?
- The future state of Content Marketing in 3-5 years.
- The best tactic or strategy that contributed to the success of CTA.
Greg’s Words of Wisdom:
- When it comes to content, it comes down to knowing who our customer is, what they’re looking for, and deliver something that resonates with them.
- Digital marketing is a powerful tool, but it’s not an inexpensive tool.
- There’s incredible value in going back to the basics.
Connect with Greg Millman:
Become a Marketing Boss & Never Miss an Episode!
Stay up-to-date on today’s best marketing tips, strategies, and tools by subscribing to the Marketing Boss Podcast! Each week, we interview top marketing professionals in the industry to help you stay current in what’s working in today’s marketing and advertising industry. Visit our website, subscribe to the show on iTunes or Stitcher, follow Parchelle Hotten on Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn so you never miss an episode! Don’t forget to leave us a 5-star review to help us reach even more marketing bosses just like you! You can also hang out with us in our private LinkedIn group – The Marketing Boss Club.