MBP:028 How to Grow Your Business with Technology with Deirdre Mahon
Deirdre Mahon is an expert on marketing and customer success. Her specialty is growing startups as she is fond of working with blank plates. With over 20 years of marketing experience, she is a multi-function marketing and SaaS executive, and has handled every aspect of marketing. She currently works for Hewlett-Packard and is helping the large hardware company move into a consumption-based model.
Today, Deirdre talks about how marketing is taking on customer success roles, what makes startups really interesting, how marketing and sales can thrive in today’s technology-driven industry, and why customer success should be prioritized above all else.
“The world of customer success is absolutely critical to driving revenue.” – Deirdre Mahon
This Week on The Marketing Boss Podcast:
- How she started in marketing and her professional experience.
- Is the change in customer success due to change in technology?
- Do customers who use apps get the same level of personal service that an actual person could give?
- Does technology make the human interactivity better or worse?
- Is technology bridging marketing and sales?
Deirdre’s Words of Wisdom:
- It can’t be left to only sales, marketing has to be in the driver’s seat for customer success.
- Think outside-in. Listen to what customers are saying, listen to their needs and requirements.
Connect with Deirdre Mahon:
Become a Marketing Boss & Never Miss an Episode!
Stay up-to-date on today’s best marketing tips, strategies, and tools by subscribing to the Marketing Boss Podcast! Each week, we interview top marketing professionals in the industry to help you stay current in what’s working in today’s marketing and advertising industry. Visit our website, subscribe to the show on iTunes or Stitcher, follow Parchelle Hotten on Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn so you never miss an episode! Don’t forget to leave us a 5-star review to help us reach even more marketing bosses just like you! You can also hang out with us in our private LinkedIn group – The Marketing Boss Club.